Hilleberg Akto Solo Tent
Designed with all-season versatility and a truly light carry weight, the Hilleberg
Akto Solo Tent is perfect for anything from weekend backpacking trips to above-the-treeline adventures. Built with the highest quality materials and an undeniable attention to detail, the Akto Tent utilizes an ultra strong Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric that is extremely strong and lightweight, and the single pole tunnel construction provides a reliable structure that's super strong, all while shaving those precious ounces. Simple to set up as well, pitching only requires four pegs and provides a vestibule for your gear as well an inner mesh lining that can be removed and used on its own. Truly a high end tent design by one of the leading tent manufacturers, the Hilleberg Akto Solo Tent will stand up to just about any adventure.
Hilleberg Akto Solo Tent Key Features
- The Akto has true all-season capability, yet its total weight is only 1.6 kg/3 lbs 8 oz. Our tunnel design and linked inner and outer tents makes it very simple and quick to set up, and provides a high degree of stability in all conditions.
- Pitching requires only four pegs – one for each of the corner guy lines – yet an additional six points provide more options for increasing stability. This includes using the corner points at the head and foot ends of the tent and the double guy lines with double line runners on both sides of the pole sleeve. If needed, another guy line can be added to the front vent hood.
- The inner tent can be taken out and the Akto Mesh Inner tent can be used instead.
- The single pole offers full sitting height in the middle of the tent, while sturdy fiberglass rods in the corners of the outer tent provide extra height, eliminating the claustrophobia that many solo tents engender.
- The Akto’s ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, since the inner tent’s fabric is highly breathable, and the main front vent – integrated into the door and fully adjustable – is protected by a generous hood. Both ends of the tent have zipper closure vents as well, and these are protected by the overhang formed by the guy line attachment points. Additionally, these ends are made from a venting fabric, which is highly air permeable but still able to keep rain and snow out. Lastly, the top half of the inner tent door no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel.