Hilleberg Allak 2 Tent
With a two-person, dome-style, freestanding design and lightweight durable materials, the Hilleberg
Allak 2 Tent was designed for all season camping, even in high altitude, alpine conditions. Perfect for tough pitching conditions on uncertain terrain, the Allak is quick and easy to pitch and the 3-pole structure provides a roomy interior and is durable enough to deal with snow loading. Vestibules on either side keep your gear protected from the elements while dual entrances make it easy to transition in and out of the tent. The super strong Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric puts up with snow, sleet, and whipping winds in high altitude conditions. Equipped with a high tech ventilation system that works regardless of weather conditions, the Allak allows air to flow freely and is equipped with plenty of adjustment options to dial in your comfort level. A top of the line, all season tent, the Hilleberg Allak Tent is designed to go just about anywhere on the planet and keep you protected.
Hilleberg Allak 2 Tent Key Features
- The Allak’s dome design is completely free standing, and the vestibules are included in its self-supporting structure. Its innovative short pole sleeve and clip system construction, same length poles, and linked inner and outer tents make for simple and quick set up. Its design allows for a very compact footprint while maintaining interior roominess.
- Pitching requires no pegs, but 12 peg points provide options for increasing stability: six loops, one at each pole end and six double guy lines with double line runners, one along each pole line.
- Two entrances and two vestibules afford tremendous convenience, flexibility and comfort. And the two vestibules are parallel to the sleeping area, so access to gear stored there is wonderfully convenient – you can even get at it while lying in your sleeping bag!
- The Allak’s ventilation works regardless of weather conditions, since both the inner tent’s fabric is highly breathable, and since there are two roof vents integrated into the top of the doors. Extra sliders on the outer tent doors provide plenty of adjustment options, and the inner tent door is a no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel. In addition, the top portion of the outer tents’ doors are made of highly air permeable yet water resistant fabric panels, so air flows freely, even when the panels are zipped closed. A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside.
- Ultralight materials – Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles – combined with the three poles crossing each other in three places – make for a very lightweight yet very stable tent with excellent snow-load handling capability.
- Both the floor space and head room are quite spacious thanks to the three pole structure and dome design.
- Dual entrances ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind.