Our Price: $2149.00
Please Note: Kayaks are shipped to the contiguous 48 states only.
Hobie EVolve Torqeedo Motor Kit v2
eVolve Torqeedo Motor Kit v2 is a quiet and efficient electric motor for your kayak. This tidy German-engineered Torqeedo electric motor kit fits any MirageDrive kayak and comes complete with everything you need to get moving. Go for hours at a steady two knots, or pour on the power for a burst of speed. It’s up to you. The Hobie eVolve Torqeedo Motor Kit is custom designed with two different types of included Hobie mounts to slip into. You can mount the eVolve Torqeedo Motor in the mid-ship well, or use the included Hobie Twist and Stow rudder mount for a stern placement. The Hobie eVolve Torqeedo Motor Kit is powered by a 230wh lithium-manganese battery and controlled with a remote throttle. The throttle featues a LCD display that displays charge statues, power consumption, and range and speed data from the on-board GPS. The remote throttle allows you to mount your controls conveniently near your seating position using a RAM mounting system (provided with kit). The throttle pad is also equipped with a magnetic key pad for a safety key in the event you are separated from your kayak or to prevent theft. Best yet, depending on your set-up, you can use the eVolve to augment your boat speed while also using your MirageDrive. At a full charge, the eVolve's battery will continue to perform for up to 8 hours (based on 2 MPH cruising speed) and the best part is that it's completely watertight so it actually floats! The eVolve Torqeedo Motor Kit comes with all the parts needed to run all of your wires internally for a clean deck with minimal exposed wire and the battery is easy stowed in the forward hatch. Navigate a current-ripped bay, quietly slip through the bass-choked shallows or give your muscles a break during a lengthy bay cruise, the Hobie eVolve Torqeedo Motor Kit v2 will get you moving on the water like never before.
Hobie EVolve Torqeedo Motor Kit v2 Key Features
- Ready-to-go Mirage well mounted, option to adapt to a Hobie Twist and Stow rudder
- Sealed/waterproof Lithium Manganese high performance battery with charger
- Two versions, one for hard shell Hobie Kayaks and one for inflatable Hobie Kayaks (i-series).
- Waterproof components and cable connectors, highly corrosion resistant materials and motor design, Cables for motor and
- Remote throttle with LCD display showing range/speed data generated using onboard GPS
- Runtime estimated as 8 hr 20 min at 2.6 mph / 48 min full throttle.