Petzl Ange Carabiner
Finally a carabiner that melds the light weight of the wire gate carabiner with the notchless efficiency of the solid gate carabiner, the Petzl
Ange Carabiner is the best of both worlds. Petzl's revolutionary MonoFil Keylock system allows the Ange to utilize the strength and light weight of a traditional gate, but the new wire gate seamlessly nests inside the carabiner, utilizing a new gate that's far too small to snag. Weighing in at a scant 34 grams and with a hole that allows you to clean snow, ice, and dirt out of the nose, this is perfect for big trad racks or alpine racks that want to cut weight. The perfect hybrid carabiner for your next climbing trip, the Petzl Ange Carabiner is worth its weight in gold.
Petzl Ange Carabiner Key Features
- The ANGE L carabiner is light (34 g): it is ideal for reducing weight when climbing. It is also useful in alpine conditions for those looking to maintain comfort and maximum strength while limiting their weight to a strict minimum.
- The unique H-profile allows an optimal size and strength-to-weight ratio
The indent on the bottom of the ANGE S and ANGE L carabiners helps keep the STRING in place so that the sling is properly positioned on the carabiner.
- The nose of the carabiner has a hole that allows ice, snow or dirt to be cleared out
- Petzl's MonoFil Keylock ensures smoother opening and closing of the carabiner and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners. The wire gate is protected from lateral rubbing (against rock, etc).
- The surfaces that come in contact with the rope and with the anchor are wider, favoring passage of the rope and reducing carabiner wear
- The deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to allow proper positioning of the carabiner on its major axis