Petzl Quark Ice Tool
A technical Ice Tool for vertical ice, drytooling, or mixed rock and ice, the Petzl
Quark Ice Tool incorporates a modular construction head that allows it to adapt to almost any situation. Perfectly balanced, the Quark allows for easy placements, and the Trigrest and Griprest provides excellent grip and added security. Equip the masselottes and pick weights for pure ice or strip it down of all its accessories for high performance and light weight. So whether you're climbing some waterfall ice up North or outfitting for your next K2 attempt, the Petzl Quark Ice Tool can do it all.
Petzl Quark Ice Tool Key Features
- Structure is entirely modular for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
- Equipped with MASSELOTTES pick weights (optional), and without the HAMMER, the QUARK has an exceptional swing adapted to the coldest ice. It is ideal for ice climbing.
- Interchangeable ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock.
- Carabiner hole under the GRIPREST
- Equipped with the HAMMER, the TRIGREST hand rest and the GRIPREST, the QUARK is a versatile tool adapted to technical mountaineering and ice climbing (an adze may also be added, if necessary)
- without any accessories, the QUARK weighs only 460 g, making it an ultra-high performance ice axe for snow couloirs, for example.
- Ergonomic over-molded handle provides a good grip, even for small hands, and insulation from the cold. The lower part of the shaft penetrates snow perfectly when the ice axe is used in piolet-canne (without the GRIPREST).
- The TRIGREST hand rest braces the hand and the index finger (easily adjustable without tools) The upper part, equipped with the grip, allows the user to comfortably switch hands. The lower trigger is used to brace the index finger to improve the stability of the ice axe and increase striking precision. It also serves as the locking lever of the TRIGREST
Petzl Quark Ice Tool Specifications