Our Price: $599.95
Item # 040818027585 :: 1 available.
Expected To Ship on 10/25/2017
Streamline your group's backpacking experience with the ultralight and freestanding MSR
Papa Hubba NX $ person backpacking tent. New to the Hubba family, the MSR Papa Hubba NX 4-person backpacking tent offers maximum livability for four in a tent that’s light enough to take into the backcountry. The Papa Hubba tent weighs just 2.67 kg / 5 lb 15 oz—less than .7 kg / 1 lb 9 oz per person—and packs up smaller than most 2-person tents. For a 4-person tent, this big Papa is light in your pack yet tough on the trail. This camping palace weighs just under 6 pounds on your back and offers cross-tent ventilation and protection from the weather. The MSR Papa Hubba NX 4 Tent’s ripstop nylon bathtub floor uses DWR and a 3000mm Durashield polyurethane coating to prevent precipitation from creeping in. The body of the tent uses a blend of mesh and nylon ripstop to shield from the elements while letting fresh air flow. The unique pole configuration of the Papa Hubba NX provides 53 square feet of interior space and a full 44 inches of interior height for maximum livability. Strong and supportive, the 3 DAC Featherlite NSL aluminum poles are extremely lightweight. 14 MSR MiniGroundhog stakes are included to aid in securing the freestanding Papa Hubba NX. And to top that off the Papa Hubba’s dual vestibules offer a combined 22 square feet of additional protected storage space. Whether your group needs to break up your Half Dome hike with an overnight stay in Yosemite, or you’re planning a family camping trip in the backwoods, the 3-season, freestanding MRS Papa Hubba NX 4-person Backpacking Tent offers plenty of room and livable comfort for all.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2.67 kg / 5 lb 15 oz; Fast & Light® option is 2.11 kg / 4 lb 11 oz.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors door with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry door and vestibule
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule and stargazer view)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Durashield-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor