Our Price: $299.00
Item # :: available.
Expected To Ship on n/a
4250 Fly Fishing Reel is built to excel on the water and outclass the competition in every aspect. Part of the Sage 4200 series, the 4250 reel is one of the greatest values in the high-end reel market thanks to an abundance of features for worry-free performance. Boasting a fully machined anodized 6061 T6 aluminum body, the 4250 Fly Reel is not only lightweight but incredible durable and corrosion resistant. The Sage 4250 Fly Fishing Reel’s one revolution drag knob offers quick and precise drag settings and provides the kind of power and smoothness you’d expect from a large traditional drag system, only without the bulk or weight. But we all know it’s what’s behind the drag knob that makes all the difference. The rocket scientists at Sage equipped the 4250 with a Floating Tripod Drag. This drag system design is one of the more unique configurations of Sage’s Sealed Carbon System drag technologies, and stands by itself in the field. The Floating Tripod drag consists of a carbon disk riding on a stainless steel rotor supported by a triangle of three smaller carbon disks. Like the three legs of a stool, the system is perfectly balanced and incredibly low weight, providing smooth resistance through its full range of settings. A numbered one-revolution drag knob offers the benefit of quick and precise drag adjustments. As with every reel from Sage, the Floating Tripod is sealed and impervious to outside elements such as sand, grit and salt, requiring no maintenance beyond simple rinsing. The Sage 4250 Series reel also features a large-arbor design for faster line retrieve, more consistent drag and reduced line coiling. On a traditional small-arbor reel, the drag increases as the diameter of the line on the spool decreases. This increased drag can sometimes break off fish or snap light tippets. Not on this bad boy! Since the diameter of the Sage 4250 Series Fly Fishing Reel does not change significantly when line is removed from a large-arbor reel, accordingly the drag does not change significantly. Slack lines loose fish, but this design helps keep the slack out when you get a jumper. At just 4 1/8 ounces, it's easy to cast all day long and its large arbor increases line pick up when reeling in that big fish of a lifetime! The Large capacity if the Sage 4250 Fly reel lets you spool up 100 yds of 20 lb backing and takes 5 to 6 weight line for all you small to medium fly casters out there. Precisely calibrated and built for a lifetime, the Sage 4250 Fly Reel delivers top shelf fish fighting performance at a price that just can’t be beat.
- The 4250 Series reel features a large-arbor design for faster line retrieve, more consistent drag and reduced line coiling. On a traditional small-arbor reel, the drag increases as the diameter of the line on the spool decreases. This increased drag can sometimes break off fish or snap light tippets. Since the diameter does not change significantly when line is removed from a large arbor reel, accordingly the drag does not change significantly.
- The Sage 4250 Series reels are anodized and made from 6061 T6aluminum. Strong yet lightweight, they are built for a lifetime of smooth, problem free performance.
- extremely smooth and reliable operation. The drag utilizes a numbered, repeatable adjustment knob for consistent operation in all conditions.
- Features Sage’s SCS Floating Tripod Drag design
- Smooth and reliable sealed carbon disc drag system
- Neoprene bag
- The 4250 Series reel utilizes a curved large-arbor design to maximize line capacity while adding strength and saving weight.
- The reels feature a sealed drag unit that incorporates a unique floating graphite disc tripod system, which offers
- Fully Machined 6061-T6 aluminum, strong and corrosion resistant
- One revolution drag knob for quick and precise drag settings
- One-way roller clutch bearing for immediate drag engagement and simple retrieve conversion
||100 yds/20 lb